It is a pleasure to recognize the service units and troops that planned and carried out service projects in support of our Council-wide Military Community Covenant. Thank you to all the service units and troops for everything you do in support of this project. Please continue to share your projects so that we may recognize them on the web site and in Citrus Council Chatter. Send your projects and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are just some of the service projects that units have worked on:
- Evergreen SU in Brevard County — Hosted a community event in partnership with the City of Palm Bay. Military Families and GS Families attended for a day of fun and food at Palm Bay City Hall Grounds.
- Golden Triangle SU in Lake County — Collected socks for the military to help keep soldiers feet dry during the holidays. They were shared with a military unit overseas.
- Star Angels SU in Seminole County — The unit did several projects for the military. They had a candy collection right after Halloween and collected 130lbs of candy to send to the Military. The unit also does a valentine card making event for the Military and the cards were sent to patients at the local VA hospitals. The hospital sent the flag hanging at the hospital to the Troop as a thank you and with a beautiful thank you letter.
- Harbour City SU in Brevard County – Is hosting a Deployed Spouses Dinner at Patrick Air Force Base for families/spouses of Military Personnel that have been deployed.
- Oklawewa SU in Brevard County — Provided dinners for disabled veterans and their families at Christmas.
- Volusia Mall Lock-in — They probably shipped 15 – 20 boxes to various service men and women that were collected at the lock-in. Palm Grove SUM shipped them overseas.