because every girl deserves
the magic of summer camp
Girl Scouts of Citrus believes that every girl should experience the tradition and excitement of a summer at camp, regardless of her parent or guardian's inability to pay.
At this time, we still have funds available to support participation in a day camp. Unfortunately, our resources to support the resident camp experience are exhausted. Applications are considered on a first come, first served basis.
- Scouterships are available to girls who are registered members of Girl Scouts of Citrus Council
- Financial assistance is awarded on an individual basis, determined by need
- Assistance will only cover a partial amount of the camp fees for a single session of camp. Parents/guardians are expected to pay the balance of the camp fees by the 15th of the month prior to the 1st day of camp
- All campers must register for a camp session, submit the $25 deposit, then complete the Scoutership Application by May 1, 2014 to be considered (deadline extended for day camp applications). For girls applying for financial assistance only, the deposit is refundable in case of non approval or refusal of Scoutership.
- Funding is limited and is available on a first come, first serve basis and is not guaranteed. Priority is given to first-time applicants
- If you are awarded a Scoutership, you will receive a letter of acceptance that must be signed and returned within 3 business days in order to receive the award
- Assistance will only be granted one time per summer and cannot be combined with any discounts