- leadership – enrichment
- outdoor skills
- outdoor skills – enrichment
- registration process
- self-guided resources
Girl Scouting 101
Girl Scouting 101 provides an overview of the Girl Scout organization: the Girl Scout Mission, Promise and Law, Girl Scout history and Girl Scout pathways. It will give you the tools to help your girls develop leadership skills and how to effectively use the Journeys.
Girl Scouting 101 reviews the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE); that teaches you how to partner with your girls to make their plans and goals a reality. You’ll also learn how to recognize the impact you have on girls’ lives by identifying their outcomes.
Girl Scouting 101 is available as an online training to better fit your learning and scheduling needs. After completing the Online Girl Scouting 101 Registration, you will be directed to the Girl Scouts of the USA Girl Scouting 101.
- This training session takes about 45 minutes to complete. You will not be able to exit the training and return to finish at a later time.
- It is recommended that you have a set of the Journey books for the grade level you will be working with when doing this training, however, the training can be completed without them.
- Should you decide to use the Journey books with the online training, we recommend that you read the girl’s book first. This will assist you better to understand the material in the adult book.
To begin, click on Girl Scouting 101
Please note: The training is maintained by Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA), not Girl Scouts of Citrus Council. If you are having problems accessing the online Girl Scouting 101, please contact GSUSA directly at 800-GSUSA 4U (800-478-7248).
The Troop/Group Welcome session is an introduction to the Girl Scout volunteers position and covers organizing a troop/group, working with parents/guardians, troop finances and Council procedures. You’ll receive instructions on how to register, Council Resource Guide: Volunteer Essentials, as well as lots of other great information. At least one adult from your troop/group needs to attend.
Facilitation and scheduling is arranged through the Service Unit.
Prerequisite: Favorable background check & Girl Scouting 101
What is a Service Unit?
- Each Girl Scout is part of a local Service Unit, a geographically-based local division of Girl Scouts of Citrus Council.
- There are approximately 31 Service Units in the council.
- Your Service Unit is lead by a service team, composed of experienced volunteers who support volunteers and troops/groups.
What does a Service Unit do?
- Service Unit team members and troop/group representatives meet several times through the year to share ideas, receive training, and talk about important announcements.
- Service Units may organize events like:
- Community-wide service projects
- Family events
- Cookie Rallies
- Thinking Day celebrations
- Award Ceremonies
Volunteer Essentials will guide you through everything you need to know as a Girl Scout volunteer. From taking trips and staying safe, to managing finances and program materials, all of your Girl Scout basic questions are answered!
Volunteer Essentials is available as a classroom session that is held at a variety of locations throughout the Council that are listed below. You can register online by selecting the date with the corresponding location you would like to attend. There is no fee for Volunteer Essentials.
Volunteer Essentials classroom schedule:
|06/03/13||6:30 PM – 9:30 PM||Orlando|
|07/09/13||6:30 PM – 9:30 PM||Orlando|
Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE)
The National Program Portfolio has two main parts – the National Leadership Journeys and the all new The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting. Complemented by the Girl Scout Cookie program, Girl Scout travel and Girl Scout awards, the National Program Portfolio is designed to help girls develop as leaders and build confidence by learning new skills. It also ensures that Girl Scouts at every level are sharing a powerful, national experience—girls together changing the world! This course will help volunteers get a better understanding of the National Program Portfolio as well as other program pieces that are available to them.
Girl Scout Leadership Experience is available as a classroom session that is held at a variety of locations throughout the Council that are listed below. You can register online by selecting the date with the corresponding location you would like to attend. There is no fee for Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Girl Scout Leadership Experience classroom schedule:
|06/10/13||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM||Orlando|
|07/16/13||6:30 PM – 8:30 PM||Orlando|
If you would like to schedule a Leadership Training for a group of volunteers in your area, contact Volunteer Services at 407-228-1625 or VolunteerServices@citrus-gs.org.