become a volunteer
What you do in Girl Scouting makes a difference
Today’s Girl Scout volunteerism opportunities may surprise you. Exciting, flexible pathways provide many ways for adults to participate in Girl Scouting. Research shows that the influence one caring adult has on a child will last a lifetime.
Whether you choose to work directly or indirectly with girls on a short-term or long-term basis, you will get all the instruction, guidance, and support that you will need to fulfill the responsibilities of your volunteer role successfully as you guide girls through the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Volunteering with Girls:
- Camp: Love camping? Experienced in the outdoors? Share your passion as a day or resident camp volunteer.
- Events: Only have a day or two here and there to commit? Help out with Girl Scout events that fit your schedule.
- Series: Want to share your passion for science? Hiking? Sports? Woman’s leadership? Start a 6 week program for girls in your area that matches your interests and theirs.
- Travel: Guide a group of girls through regional, national or international adventures through a travel pathway group.
- Troops: Want to be a mentor that impacts girls through their entire Girl Scout experience? Become a troop leader and guide girls through a long-term leadership journey.
- Virtual: Have a busy schedule and technology skills to share? Become part of a virtual troop.
- Administrative: Want to share computer skills? Filing? Data Entry? Or serve as a receptionist at the service center during peak periods.
- Volunteer Development / Learning Facilitator: Have a passion for teaching other adults? Work with Volunteer Services and teach volunteers to build girls of Courage, Confidence and Character who make the world a better place.
- Recruitment: Get others to join the fun! Share Girl Scout information with girls and adults at a variety of venues.
- Fund Development: Help us obtain funding to better serve girls by networking with community groups, businesses, and individuals.
- Service Delivery Team: Be a volunteer manager of troops in your area. Different types of positions are available including treasurer, product sales manager, school coordinator and service unit manager.
These are jut a few of the many ways volunteers in participate in Girl Scouts. Not sure which type of volunteer role is right for you? Just contact us and we’ll help guide you into the role that fits your needs.
To get started:
Complete the Volunteer Application and Consent Form.
The Volunteer Application and Consent Form may be completed and submitted online using a secure server.
Or complete this writable form Volunteer_Application_&_Consent form and submit by mail to Girl Scouts of Citrus Council, 341 North Mills Avenue, Orlando, FL 32803 or fax to 407-894-0966 or e-mail to VolunteerServices@citrus-gs.org .